CENSEO AV+Acoustics is a consulting firm specializing in design services for acoustics and noise control, audio-visual systems, theatrical systems, telecommunications systems, and electronic security systems. Established in 2012, CENSEO’s headquarters is in Kailua, Hawai’i with additional offices in Denver, Seattle, and Tucson. We are continually working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art technologies by offering industry-leading acoustical, AV, and technology design and consulting services. We are seeking highly motivated, self-starting individuals.
The audio/visual consultant position contributes to the design and development of a wide range of projects including performing arts centers, multi-family residential, hospitality and resorts, municipal, educational facilities, sports and recreational centers, healthcare, military, and more. The position includes involvement in all phases of the design process, from project proposal to final systems checkout. Primary responsibilities include the ability to manage a project from beginning to end with minimal guidance.
• Evaluate and effectively communicate technical design solutions to design team members, owners, and contractors.
• Select equipment, cabling and pathways required for the Audio/Visual systems
• Prepare professional reports and calculations, communicating the team’s design recommendations directly with clients.
• Prepare drawings/sketches and project specifications.
• Conduct construction site visits for system checkout and compliance evaluation.
• Successfully manage the project’s technical requirements, deadlines, deliverables, and budget.
• Follow CENSEO’s protocol and quality control standards.
• 2 to 6+ years of experience in audio/visual system engineering.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, or a closely related field
• CTS or CTS-D preferred with project experience in audio/visual system design
• Familiar with the A/E/C design stages
• Field experience with audio/visual system testing and checkout
• Experience with creating one-line diagrams and understanding signal flow
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, EASE, and other sound modeling software
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage projects
• Passion for audio/visual systems, building/construction, and design
• Desire to contribute to and grow with our CENSEO team
CENSEO excels at a wide range of project types with a local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for leadership, quality, a healthy work environment, and innovative marketing efforts. We remain involved in professional organizations and promote a positive work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, and other significant incentives. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.