JOB OPENING | AV DESIGN ENGINEER
CENSEO AV+Acoustics is an acoustical engineering and Audio/Visual (AV) design consulting firm established in 2012. Corporate headquarters are located in Kailua, Hawaii with satellite offices in Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington. At CENSEO, we are continually working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art technologies by offering industry-leading AV design and acoustical consulting services. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starting individuals.
The AV design engineer position contributes to the design and development of a wide range of projects including performing arts centers, high rise and resorts, municipal, educational facilities, healthcare, military, and more. The position includes involvement in all phases of the design process, from project proposal to final systems checkout. Primary responsibilities include developing Audio Visual system designs in AutoCAD and/or Revit software. The ability to manage a project from beginning to end with minimal guidance is essential. The AV Design Engineer will work directly under our Senior AV Design Engineer in the CENSEO Colorado office.
- AV System Design
- Prepare professional reports and communicate directly with clients
- Develop design drawings, & system specifications using 2-D and 3-D computer aided design software (AutoCAD & Revit)
- Familiarity with the A/E/C design stages
- Audio-related modeling using EASE software
- Review pre-construction design and documentation
- Determine hardware and project specifications
- Ability to determine and communicate technical design solutions
- Bid review: assist clients in awarding projects to contractors
- Coordinate with design team engineers to integrate system requirements
- Document construction punch lists and final acceptance testing
- Uphold CENSEO’s protocol and quality standards
- Personal dedication to enhancing and growing with the CENSEO team
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in AV System Design
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related engineering discipline; Master’s degree is a benefit, not required.
- Experience with AV system design required. Acoustics experience is a benefit but not required. CTS or CTS-D preferred.
- Passion for AV and acoustics, applied to building & construction
- Understanding of architectural, structural, and mechanical construction documentation
- Detail oriented, comfortable in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage projects
- Experience interpreting building drawings and specs
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, EASE, and Navisworks
- Project Management experience and implementation of design concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, esp. Word and Excel
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Desire to contribute to and grow with our CENSEO team
CENSEO excels at a wide range of project types with a local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for leadership, quality, a healthy work environment, and innovative marketing efforts. We remain involved in professional organizations and promote a positive work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, remote work options, and other significant incentives. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Compensation will be based on level of experience.