CENSEO AV+Acoustics is a consulting firm specializing in design services for acoustics and noise control, audio-visual systems, theatrical systems, telecommunications systems, and electronic security systems. Established in 2012, CENSEO’s headquarters is in Kailua, Hawai’i with additional offices in Denver, Seattle, and Tucson. We are continually working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art technologies by offering industry-leading acoustical, AV, and technology design and consulting services. We are seeking highly motivated, self-starting individuals.
The BIM Coordinator/Specialist position will be implementing BIM technology to assist in the construction coordination process. This position will give you the chance to work on some of the top construction projects in Hawaii, Colorado, Washington, Arizona, and more. You will collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of BIM processes and deliver high-quality projects. If you are a student or professional pursuing a degree in Architecture, Construction, or Engineering as well as possessing strong interpersonal skills, technical problem-solving abilities, leadership skills, and enjoy working within a fast paced innovative environment, apply for this career opportunity.
- Lead the implementation of BIM processes and workflows within the organization, ensuring adherence to industry standards and best practices
- Collaborate with project teams to develop and maintain BIM models, ensuring accurate representation of the systems designed by CENSEO
- Conduct clash detection analysis using BIM software to identify and resolve conflicts between different building systems.
- Create and maintain detailed BIM models, incorporating design changes and updates throughout the project lifecycle
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among project team members, including architects, engineers, contractors, and clients, to ensure seamless integration of BIM processes
- Perform regular quality control checks on BIM models to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with project requirements and industry standards
- Provide training and support to project team members on BIM software and processes, promoting the effective utilization of BIM technology throughout the organization
As a BIM Coordinator you will need to be highly organized, detail-oriented, hardworking and have the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels. Specific qualification includes:
- Knowledge of basic construction processes and procedures
- Completed coursework in Construction, Architecture or an equivalent combination of training and or work experience
- BIM knowledge and interest in working with Construction Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field. Additional certifications or training in BIM technology are highly desirable
- Two years, or more, of experience working with BIM technology in the architecture, engineering, or construction industry, preferably with a focus on audiovisual and acoustical systems
- Strong proficiency in BIM software such as Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and similar tools. Experience with BIM 360 and clash detection software is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy while working on complex BIM models
- Proven ability to identify and resolve clashes and conflicts within BIM models, demonstrating strong problem-solving skills
CENSEO excels at a wide range of project types with a local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for leadership, quality, a healthy work environment, and innovative marketing efforts. We remain involved in professional organizations and promote a positive work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, and other significant incentives. The estimated salary range for this position is $45,000-$85,000 per year, depending on level of experience. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.