CENSEO AV+Acoustics is an acoustical, AV, telecom and security design consulting firm established in 2012. Corporate headquarters are in Kailua, Hawaii with satellite offices in Denver and Seattle. At CENSEO, we are continually working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art technologies by offering industry-leading design consulting services. Recent company growth has created a need for a Full-Time Staff Accountant working out of any of our office locations.
Position Description: We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our finance team. As a Staff Accountant, you will play a key role in maintaining financial records, tracking expenses and receipts, and ensuring accurate financial reporting for our engineering projects.
- Maintain engineering project financial records, including accounts payable and receivable, job costing, and excise tax classification entries.• Process client invoices and prepare monthly billing reports.
- Prepare monthly GET reports for Controller review.
- Process AP
- Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Collaborate with project managers to track project expenses and profitability.
- Handle any engineering-specific bookkeeping tasks, such as tracking billing rates, change orders, and retainage in the accounting system.
- Support the Controller in ensuring compliance with GAAP, CENSEO accounting policies and procedures, and other authoritative guidance.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency or strong desire to learn the basics of GAAP and/or bookkeeping/accounting best practices where needed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in at least one accounting software application and Excel (preferred but not required).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (preferred but not required).
- Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Inclusivity
At CENSEO AV+Acoustics, we believe in the power of inclusivity, and we strive to foster an environment where all individuals are respected, supported, and valued. We are dedicated to promoting diversity and providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants.
Salary range: $55-$65 annually, depending on experience.
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected] to apply via email.